Three Valley Museum
Fourth and Main
Durant, OK 74701
The Three Valley Museum opened in 1976. The name comes from the book written by Henry McCreary, titled "Queen of Three Valleys," about Durant.
Durant is located in the heart of the Red, Blue and Washita River valleys.
The museum is operated by the Durant Historical Society. The goal of the society is to represent Durant and Bryan County from its beginning in 1873 to the present. The museum is for adults as well as children to enjoy.
The museum features and early day law office and a doctor's office. Other areas include a child's room, parlor, and general store.
The museum has a gift shop with various Choctaw books, stickers and T-shirts. It also sells the books "Queen of Three Valleys," "The Story of Durant" and "Pioneer Judge - The Life of Robert L. Williams."
Interesting items and exhibits include:
- 1946 Pump Organ
- 1860 piano shipped up the Red River
- 1896 Presidential Campaign button for William J. Bryan ( Bryan County is named after him)
- 1812 cobbler's bench
- Medical saddlebags from the 1890s
- 1920s flapper dress
- Pictures of early downtown Durant
- Memorabilia of the Durant GIs' Baseball Team
- Memorabilia from Durant High School
- Memorabilia from Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Potter's Sausage display
- Various displays on Robert L. Williams, Oklahoma's third governor
Much, much more.
Hours are 1-5 M-F and by appointment for groups
Leslie Webster is the President. Gail DeLashaw is the Curator.
The society and museum have been members of the Durant Main Street Program since 1998.